The role of the Recruitment Operation Leader is to help bridge the gap between business needs and recruitment delivery by
- A Recruitment Operation Leader is responsible for driving the vision, purpose, and execution of strategic business priorities within recruitment. The Recruitment Operation Leader is responsible for setting clear expectations and goals and executing on the operation strategy of the team. This is done during, but not limited to, Red Zones and team meetings.
- A Recruitment Operation Leader will hold themselves, their team, and peers accountable to delivering excellent results and will align the team to the high standards of the overall operational excellence.
- They will be directly involved with the development of those in their team through goal setting, performance plans, and regular reviews and will understand their team’s career goals and create an environment for them to be successful and achieve those goals.
- They will keep up to date with Specialization and technology trends through continuous learning, to determine new growth opportunities and continued delivery optimization across TEKsystems.
- The role will involve; collaboration with the internal TA to ensure a consistent hiring experience, a partnership with L&D to ensure people skill development, and engagement with sales leader to ensure the people plan is executed – all of which will be the foundations of building and sustaining a high performing, engaged environment.
- The Recruitment Operation Leader will predominantly lead and manage the recruitment delivery function within their area, however in circumstances that dictate, this role can also assume overall responsibility via cross office collaboration for national recruitment delivery teams.
This individual will drive the operation, achieve the recruitment delivery results and develop team to help enhance the delivery competence for China.
Essential Role Responsibilities
• Lead through others and set a good example for people to follow
• Interview and share responsibility for the hiring into recruitment from recruitment team and for the wider growth of the sales team through promotions and progression of the team.
• Take time to understand the personal and career goals of those in their teams, identifying their needs and aligning the team to meet organizational goals.
• Set clear expectations against goals to create and drive a high performing culture.
• Drive and champion the vision for recruitment delivery where appropriate and ensure the team are engaged and executing on the strategic business priorities of the organization.
• Work with the learning & development team to address any skills gaps identified through TSOV and regular reviews.
• Conduct and support individual developmental planning of the team to support their personal and professional growth, career goals and aspirations.
• Drive performance directly and/or through the recruitment leaders and run initiatives to keep people highly engaged and performing at a high level.
• Drive engagement of recruitment team, ensuring they enjoy the results and self-growth excitement here each day.
• Conduct root cause analysis to identify underlining issues impacting performance and create and drive corrective actions.
• Regularly meet with Sales, TAOD, Services and Corp Service partners to understand internal pressures and works to solution those pressures.
• Manage the operational success of the team through dashboard and reporting; consistently review data to gauge performance and identify areas to praise or address under-performance to drive a high-performance culture
• Actively engage the team and seek to understand what motivates them and what their career aspirations are.
• Build a strong working relationship with the recruitment leaders, with the view of creating a tight knit team.
• Build strong relationships with the Sales, Services & Corp Service leadership team to further identify and optimise ways of working.
• Act as a conduit to the recruitment team, provide proposals and launch executions on how to resolve issues that arise between demand and supply.
• Maintain strong relationships and instil trust across the sales leadership population, by providing/receiving feedback that can help support with the company and offices’ long-term objectives.
• Organize events to celebrate successes aligned with the company culture and foster a strong team bond with regular engagement activities.
• Reflect on the recruitment team’s effective use of our database in all aspect through lifecycle, to understand how to improve technology usage to optimise performance.
• Utilise data gained from dashboards and reporting tools to drive high performance of the team and identify areas of growth.
Learning & Insights
• Provide and seek feedbacks within recruitment teams and China organization to better improve the competence of the recruitment delivery.
• Take responsibility for personal development and proactively seek on-the-job coaching and focused demonstration opportunities with manager or colleagues.
• Be able to influence Senior leaders across the business to generate buy in for strategic ideas to be driven and implemented.
• Share and communicate corporate updates and messaging to ensure everyone in recruitment understands, as well as articulates views constructively and shares feedback with senior stakeholders
• Play a proactive role in understanding and promoting the value of Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace, meeting with the I&D committee to review how to continue to develop an inclusive and diverse workplace.
• Organise and attend ad hoc catch ups with leaders across the business throughout APAC to discuss and share advice around best practices and developing better ways of working.
Main Experience Expectation
• Successfully led a team of 50+ sales-oriented people, achieving consistent results
• Evidence of playing a proactive role in understanding and communicating the value of Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace.
• Evidence of owning and taking individual accountability for the successful implementation of performance planning and leading a successful partnership with HR as required
• Evidence of ability to identify, support and nurture future recruitment leader to create succession planning
• Evidence of a track record as a recruitment leader of building and growing a high performing team that consistently exceeds targets
• Evidence of partnering with TA to ensure a pipeline of talent is being hired and developed into sales
• Evidence of ability to drive execution of the vision, purpose, and strategic business priorities of company
Minimum Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree above.
• 8+ years’ experience in team management, with full lifecycle experience on recruitment or staffing servicing delivery, from understanding client needs to delivering results.
• Experience with analysing and solving complex logical problems, working effectively in teams to achieve team objective and ensure customer satisfaction, and coordinating the efforts of various departments and functions.
• Possesses excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Fluent in Mandarin and English.
• Experience (preferred only) within or for a Recruitment Business
• Comfortable/proficient with technology and internet tools (MS Office 365, SharePoint, process mapping, web conferencing via Zoom / WebEx / MS Teams)
• Attention to Detail
• Effective communicator – written and verbal
• Customer Focus;
• Dealing with Ambiguity;
• Integrity and Trust;
• Business Acumen;
• Drive for Results;
• Peer Relationships;
• Recruitment Skills;
• Leadership competence;